Our conversation covered two main areas:
- School strategies and sustainability in the current economic climate.
- The ways in which schools can use new media to bind constituencies and reach and serve families.
Topics Pat covered with their approximate time into the conversation:
- School Financial Sustainability and Adjustments: what’s happening now for families and faculty (1:30)
- School Budgeting, Planning and Spending (4:06)
- Financial Aid Need and Availability (5:10)
- Schools Strengthen Constituent Relationships (8:00)
- One School’s Solicitation Video: Oakwood School’s “Don’t Give” (9:00)
- Combining Traditional and New Media to Reach Everyone: Keeping the Old School While Adopting the New (10:50)
- Media Strategies for Schools: Making New Media Practices and Approaches Happen (13:30)