10 Favorite Apps for Education and Enterprise
Planning a little back-to-school app shopping? Or are you a business owner looking to get the most out of the iPad? Here are some of my favorite apps to get you started.
For Educators & Students:
- Paper by 53 (Free, $6.99 for all the tools) – A great sketchbook app for creatives, sketch your latest project and easily share it with others. Favorite feature: beautiful interface and tools that are a pleasure to use with a stylus.
- Notability ($4.99) – This note-taking app has it all. Organize information by subject and topic, hand-write or type, even add web clips and photos. Favorite feature: organize pdf’s, images, notes, and links by subject rather than by file type.
- Idea Sketch (Free) – Organize complex information visually in a chart. Easily communicate how topics relate to eachother with different colors and icons. Favorite feature: convert graphic organizer to outline in one tap.
- EduCreations (Free) - Powerful smart board app. Easily write on your iPad annotating pictures and text. Project your iPad screen to share your ‘board’ with the class. Favorite feature: easily record your voice and your writing to share for flip teaching.
- Video Physics ($2.99)- Complex video analysis of moving objects for the physics classroom. Ever wonder how fast you can throw a baseball? Performing efficency tests on parachutes? Video Physics is the best tool for the job at a fraction of the cost of more complex systems. Favorite feature: this app is built by Vernier so you can export the data for full analysis
- Pages ($9.99)- Edit Microsoft Word documents on the go at a fraction of the cost of the full Office suite on PC. Favorite feature: save as Pages document, PDF or Word document.
- Reminders (Included with iOS 5) - Full featured task management and reminder app. Group todo’s by topic and search topics. Favorite feature: set reminder alarms for tasks that just have to get done.
- NearPod (Free)- Tired of boring PowerPoint presentations. Create stunning presentations that push out to user iPads. Favorite feature: pause the presentation to get audience feedback.
- Evernote (Free)- On the go? Combine meeting notes, photos and other content in an easy to use package. Favorite feature: All content automatically syncs across your devices and the web so if you forget your laptop in the hotel room your presentation notes is available from your phone.
- Mint – Personal finance app. Track your bank accounts and credit card spending from one easy to use app. Favorite feature: set up goals to reach each month.
What apps are you planning on using in your classroom or business this year? Sound off in the comments.