Apparently, all we do in America is spend money after Thanksgiving. There’s Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday and now, Giving Tuesday.
Giving Tuesday is a great opportunity for schools and nonprofits to maintain brand relevance in a season focused on consumerism. After all, it is the season of giving, so it’s a great time to remind your donors that a gift to you is a meaningful and lasting gift that impacts your entire community.
It’s easy to participate in Giving Tuesday. On the official site, you can download logos, check out sample tweets and pictures, and see what others are posting. Be sure to check out the Logos and Toolkits.
- Use the #GivingTuesday hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
- Send an email to parents, alumni and donors with the simple message of giving back for Giving Tuesday.
- Take pictures of students or faculty holding signs about why it’s important to give and post them to social media.
- Integrate Giving Tuesday with any campaigns you are currently running.
- Share quick stories about the impact of a gift.
- Always link to your online donation form!
One of the greatest parts of Giving Tuesday is that it grows organically on social media. Encourage friends and volunteers to share your messages and have conversations about Giving Tuesday. The hope is that the message spreads virally and inspires people to give back to the community.
How are you participating in Giving Tuesday?