Brendan Schneider nominated me as one of 5 bloggers in his response to the challenge put forth my Marisa Peacock’s recent blog post to learn more about the contributing bloggers at edSocialmedia. (Shout out to Brendan.)
Therefore, I pledge to break the chain, and answer the challenge questions below. It’s a welcome break from beta-testing InspirED School Marketers’ website. But that’s another story.
5 Random Facts About Me
- I owned a horse (actually two, but not at the same time) for 10 years and loved to ride and groom. I still love the smell of a horse barn. (Mmmmm, manure.)
- I walked the Komen 3-Day for breast cancer in 2007 with my daughter. It was the most difficult physical endeavor of my life. Well, other than childbirth. (TMI?)
- My rescued terrier and I are a therapy dog team. He is my second therapy dog.
- I was in the second coed class at Franklin & Marshall College. 300 women. 1500 men. And this was after I graduated from Emma Willard, a girls’ school. I adjusted just fine.
- I met my husband, Rob, at F&M. I was editor of the yearbook. He was the business manager. Not much has changed in close to 40 years.
5 Questions from Brendan
Q. What’s your favorite social media channel for personal use? Why?
A. Facebook. It keeps me in the loop.
Q. What’s your favorite social media channel for use at your school? Why?
A. I will respond to this as if a school asked me which channel they should use. I would suggest they use the one (and it might be only one) that they can manage well and where their target audience lives.
Q. What social media channel are you not currently using that you plan on using more in 2014?
A. Google +
Q. What’s your favorite mobile or desktop app?
A. Note by Squarespace. It allows me to send notes to my email in one tap.
Q. What’s your favorite social media tip or trick?
A. My favorite tip is to use Hootsuite…advice I got from Brendan Schneider.
5 edSocialMedia Bloggers I Nominate
5 Questions for My Nominations
- Is your school using Pinterest? If so, who follows and how’s your engagement?
- Does your head of school blog? If so, how often and on what topics? If not, why not?
- Is your social media content brand-centric? If so, please show us an example.
- What’s your favorite mobile or desktop app?
- What’s your favorite social media tip or trick?
5 Rules for the Nominees
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 5 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 5 questions the nominating blogger has created for you and publish to edSocialMedia under the title Getting to Know You: Q&A with [Name].
- List 5 bloggers.
- Post 5 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer (you don’t have to use the 5 questions above), and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.