Never one to back away from a challenge I am responding to Marisa Peacock’s recent blog post to learn more about the contributing bloggers at edSocialmedia. In the post Marisa asks me to complete four tasks:
- Share 5 random facts about me
- Answer the 5 questions that Marissa asked in her post
- List 5 additional bloggers
- Ask 5 questions for the bloggers I nominate
Here goes nothing…
5 Random Facts About Me
- I once worked for NBC Sports for NFL games.
- My grandmother was born and raised in Puerto Rico.
- I started SchneiderB.com because I was initially afraid to try inbound marketing tactics first at Sewickley Academy without testing them out first.
- I was accepted to law school.
- I coached against LeBron James when he was in high school. We lost.
5 Questions from Marissa
- My proudest educational moment occurred during my junior year in high school when I earned a 4 (on a 7 point scale) in my A.P. Biology class from Mrs. Christine Breuker. Until that class, and Mrs. Breuker, I had never worked so hard academically in my life. I had just begun at boarding school and had gaps in my science preparation but Mrs. Breuker made it her mission to help me be successful. My fondest memory was having late night study sessions at Mrs. Breuker’s house eating ice cream and studying biology. Although I didn’t get the highest grade in the class the entire experience taught me the value of hard work, perseverance, dedication, and the power of a great teacher!
- Although I’m very fond of Mrs. Breuker my favorite teacher was Mr. Travis Webber who taught me German. Mr. Webber was dedicated, professional, and a master of his craft. The reason Mr. Webber is my favorite teacher is that he was the first teacher that motivated me to enjoy learning new concepts and finish my homework for the sake of knowledge and bettering myself as opposed to simply getting them done or for a good grade.
- My favorite desktop or mobile app is Evernote. It’s become the center of my digital life and I wonder how I existed before it.
- My favorite social media tip isn’t very exciting but it’s very important. Make sure to take time each week or month to measure your social media efforts and adjust your social media interactions as a result of what you find out.
5 Bloggers I Nominate
5 Questions for My Nominations
- What’s your favorite social media channel for personal use? Why?
- What’s your favorite social media channel for use at your school? Why?
- What social media channel are you not currently using that you plan on using more in 2014?
- What’s your favorite mobile or desktop app?
- What’s your favorite social media tip or trick?
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 5 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 5 questions the nominating blogger has created for you and publish to edSocialMedia under the title Getting to Know You: Q&A with [Name].
- List 5 bloggers.
- Post 5 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer (you don’t have to use the 5 questions above), and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.
Thank Marisa for issuing this challenge and I look forward to hearing everyone’s responses.