It’s Q&A Time!
5 Random Facts About Me
- I have an adorable Corgi named Jake, who thinks going for a walk is better than me writing a blog. At 5 degrees outside? I disagree.
- I call the heated seats in my car, Heat Seaters.
- I’m adopted.
- Almost every day I leave the house with part of a spoon wrapped around my finger. It’s a ring that my grampa had made for my nana.
- Purple is one of my favorite colors.
5 Questions for ESM Bloggers (from Marisa)
Q. What’s your proudest educational moment (either as a student or a teacher/administrator)?
I must have written, erased and started over my response to the question a dozen times. I can’t pick just one. Personally, I am proud of graduating from some wonderful schools, and of pushing myself to participate in the school play (stage manager!) at WMA and join/lead the student newspaper at MHC. As an educator, I’d have to say my top moments include the day I stepped into the computer lab to see that my student editors didn’t need me anymore, learning that two of those editors be chosen by the LA Times for internships (one of them even received a college scholarship!), and simply receiving cards from students thanking me for having an impact on them. Who wouldn’t be proud of that?
Q. Who is your favorite teacher and why?
My journalism professor at Mount Holyoke, North Cairn, takes the cake. I didn’t want to take journalism, I was convinced I hated journalism. But, creative writing was full; it was this or a literature class, and I’d much rather write than read. I was not her biggest fan at first. She tore apart my writing like no one else, forced me to truly look at how I wrote and even went so far as to bring me to her house for a day-long grammar bootcamp. Despite the endless torture (I’m not sure who tortured who the most to be honest), all of her time and effort truly helped me, and her lessons have served me well again and again in life. It was her classes that introduced me to publications and layout design, which changed the course of my major (yep, journalism) and in the end, my career. Thank you, North!
Q. iOS or Android?
Q. What’s your favorite mobile or desktop app?
Lately, my favorite mobile app is OKDOTHIS. It’s a photo app with little tasks, or challenges as I like to think of them. I love things that engage me in photography and creative thinking. Follow me and join in! On a more productive and professional note, my latest obsession is joint task force of using Trello and Didlog to track the activity in my office and keep us organized. We’re still figuring things out, but so far, so good! I’d love to hear from folks who are using these apps, tweet me @stacyjago.
Q. What’s your favorite social media tip or trick?
Personalize everything. People, stories and thoughts matter, and that’s truly how we connect to each other. I don’t always get as personal as I’d like, but it’s something I will never stop working to improve.
5 edSocialMedia Bloggers I Nominate
- Joel F.W. Price
- Jason Ramsden
- Robin Cook
- Scott Rocco
- Tucker Kimball
- Josh Loftin (alternate, assuming at least one of the above won’t reply)
5 Questions for Said edSocialMedia Bloggers
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What’s your favorite mobile and/or desktop app?
- What’s your favorite social media tip or trick?
- What has been your biggest challenge in your current position in regards to using social media?
- In your opinion, what’s the next big trend in social media?
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 5 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 5 questions the nominating blogger has created for you and publish to edSocialMedia under the title Getting to Know You: Q&A with [Name].
- List 5 bloggers.
- Post 5 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer (you don’t have to use the 5 questions above), and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.