Social Media – Part II – The Long Tail

Social Media – Part II – The Long Tail
by Alex Ragone ·

“The Long Tail was first coined by Chris Anderson in an October 2004 Wired magazine articleto describe the niche strategy … Continue reading »

The Case for Social Media Engagement Grows

The Case for Social Media Engagement Grows
by Steve Ritchie ·

Social media participation by adults 25 and older is growing fast. The case for bringing the school’s message to the places the constituents are spending time is growing along with it. Continue reading »

Changes in Social Media and Impact on Schools

Changes in Social Media and Impact on Schools
by Antonio Viva ·

Ravit Lichtenberg recently wrote a post on ReadWriteWeb about 10 upcoming changes in social media that predicts what we will … Continue reading »

Wrapping My Head Around Social Media – Part 1

Wrapping My Head Around Social Media – Part 1
by Alex Ragone ·

As I begin to blog here at edSocialMedia, I’m going to show how I began to start to wrap my … Continue reading »

Information Overload and the Filter Challenge

Information Overload and the Filter Challenge
by Steve Ritchie ·

I was watching this video on the Open Road blog at CNET of a keynote address Clay Shirky from NYU … Continue reading »

Happy New Year

Happy New Year
by Ernest Koe ·

Happy New Year everyone. Let me start off 2009 with a few loosely connected ideas. What does a connected, always-on … Continue reading »

Why Schools Shouldn’t Ignore Social Media

Why Schools Shouldn’t Ignore Social Media
by Antonio Viva ·

I woke up this morning and began my regular morning ritual which consists of letting my dogs out, making my … Continue reading »

The Networked Student and Social Media

The Networked Student and Social Media
by Antonio Viva ·

I was recently came across a new video on YouTube called “The Networked Student” by Wendy Drexler who created the … Continue reading »

Meh, Email is Dead

Meh, Email is Dead
by Ernest Koe ·

I was visiting with a group of Admissions folks and the topic of the email marketing came up.   “These … Continue reading »

Using Twitter for Recruiting

Using Twitter for Recruiting
by Steve Ritchie ·

Twitter can be a compelling recruiting tool for coaches and for admission offices. Continue reading »